Select Page

At the indoor science field trip (which is in the cafeteria) when I first walked in I could see 9 tables with science experiments on them. First we had to sit on the floor and Mr.B  told us what all the experiments did. First I went to the experiment that had bowls full of colored water, pencils, and plastic bags. First I had to fill my bag half with the colored water. Then we had to see how many pencils we could stick into the bags without it dripping. Mr.B said that when we stick the pencils in the plastic moves around it. I only got 10 pencils in the bag.

Next I did “Foil Boats”. In this experiment you had to build a boat made out of a small square sheet of tin foil and put as much pennies on the boat as you can. I built mine with the all the sides bending up. On my first try I got 54, on my second I got 43. The highest score was 64. A boy in my class beat it by 4.

After that I went to a station that had a big skinny metal ring with 5 medium sized buttons  on it. You then had to spin the buttons and then rotate the ring. As you rotate the ring it will keep pushing the spinning buttons higher and higher until you stop. For me it was hard but I got, once. My friend, Alexis couldn’t get it either so we just went to the next station.

Then I went to another station that had empty soda cans and straws. What you have to do is rip the top of the paper and pull the straw out. After that you pinch one end and go near the can. Once you do this the can will follow the straw. If it doesn’t work you have to wipe it with a towel. I couldn’t do it the first or second time but I did the third time. With some help. So after I did it I got kinda bored of it so I moved on.

After I went to the “Rocket Tube”. For safety we put on safety glasses. On there you have to pour some red water into a small cup filling it to a black line that is drawn on there. You then drop in a half piece of baking soda and then put on the cap, turn it upside down and drop it into the tube. Since we had tape on the floor we stepped back to it and waited. After about 10 seconds the cap of the small cup got shot at the ceiling. The cap got shot because the pressure of the water forced the cap to shoot to the ceiling since the cap is very weak. The “Rocket Tube” was my favorite experiment there!

The next one I went to was one that involved sticks, clips, and wire. For this one we had to write our name on the stick and then take a piece of wire and wrap it around the stick. I had to wrap it around the stick equally and then get one side and wrap it around the other side. I did the same thing with the other side. After that I clipped on a clip to the end of the wire and then did the same to the other side. After that I was done. Then I put it on the tip of my finger and it stayed on, it didn’t fall! Every time I did it it never fell off.I could do it on my tongue, toe, finger, and nose. Which was really fun.

My next station was a mirror. There were strips of mirrors on each side, back and front. One person would stand on one side and another person stood on the other side. I did it with my friend. We changed stops which is really fun. The mirror basically combined mine and my friend’s face. Which is kind of creepy but awesome at the same time.

The one that almost nobody did was the tank one. There was a big bottle and it was filled with blue water and had a plastic fish in there. We had to spin it hard so it could work. When you spin it the water gets forced to the side so the water makes a “V” in the middle. Usually the water can’t be tricked and by that I meant it automatically moves when you turn it. It was really cool. We had two but when Mr.B was showing us it fell to the floor and broke. Since it broke open most of the water spilled out.

My very last stop was at the “Plane Glider”. There we had to build our own plane. We had to trace and cut out a plastic plate. And to finish it I had to put a penny at the front tip of the plane and then stick it on with tape. Then my plane was done. That was the last one since my class already left me because we needed to go. I was having a  lot of fun so I didn’t want to leave. But at the same time I also wanted to leave because I wanted to test it out at home!